According to Symantec SMB, 50% of SMBs admit to having no backup and disaster recovery plan in place. 41% of those surveyed confessed that they had never even given much thought to implementing a disaster recovery or business continuity plan. If you are one of them, then you really need to think about whether you can afford the status quo. Answering these questions will help you decide.
1. How often is employee productivity and customer accessibility or service stalled each day from a downed network or system?
2. How much downtime can your business truly afford and what kind of backup or recovery solutions are in effect when systems are unavailable?
3. What level of IT support can be accessed? Can it be accessed quickly enough to minimize damage? Are you confident that your business can either be back online or be able to access lost data with minimal disruption, no matter what?
4. Is your most critical data frequently backed up? Is the data on the personal laptops, iPads or Blackberrys of employees backed up? Are all backups stored in a location off-site and quickly accessible in the event of theft, fire or flooding? Are you using any custom installed software and is the supplier still in business should this software need to be re-installed or updated? Are account details, licensing agreements, and security settings somewhere on record, and is it duplicated off-site?
5. Are your systems truly protected from theft, hackers, and viruses? Are passwords to sensitive data changed whenever employees leave the company or business unit?
6. When was the last time you tested backup processes to ensure they are working properly? How quick were your back ups?
Answering these questions will help you understand if you are needlessly bleeding money every day by subjecting your business to the high hourly rates, service charges, trip fees and wait times of on-call IT support. If you are an SMB, you don’t have to fear technology failure. A trusted MSP can help you resolve these challenges in a more effective and efficient manner.
Looking for something specific?
Search our blog library to find the article you need.
Searching For A New IT Services Company Who Can Take Care Of All Your Information Systems Infrastructure?
You've come to the right place.
Tech II Business Services is your local team of IT infrastructure specialists. Book your initial consultation with
Your Information Is Safe With Us. Tech II will never sell, rent, share or distribute your personal details with anyone. In addition, we will never spam you.
Tech II Business Services provides managed IT services, business telephone solutions, video surveillance security solutions and IT Support for companies in Albany NY, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga & the Capital Region.