Job Title: Systems Engineer – Security Installations Technician II
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Summary: Responsible for installation, and repair of IP Based Camera systems, Cabling Infrastructure, Telecommunications Systems and other technologies offered by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A working knowledge of IP network connectivity: DHCP, DNS, IP addressing and subnets.
- Basic understanding of routers and Wi-Fi
- Install IP camera, Telecommunications and networking hardware and cabling per design specifications.
- Testing of installed equipment and provide basic programming, such as, adding card readers, cameras to any system.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair as per a client maintenance agreement and/or warranty.
- Troubleshoot, diagnosing and repairing systems and/or equipment.
- Technician would be available to answer client calls after normal working hours and on weekend/holidays depending on the rotation order.
- Responsible for updating operations manager on the status of all work performed on a daily basis.
- Notify Operations of any materials needed to complete duties.
- Perform additional Security Technician and related functions as assigned by the team lead and deemed within the general skill and ability level of a productive Security Technician in our industry.
- Experience in IP Camera, Access Control, installation & programming for such systems as Axis, HikVision, Pelco & ExacqVision, Wave.
- Required to adhere to OSHA Safety Standards.
- Obtain and keep up-to-date clearances: Federal clearance with fingerprinting, NY State.
- OSHA 10 hour certification preferred
Preferred Skill Set:
Excellent Oral Communication
Excellent Written Communication
Customer Relations Skills
Project Management Skills
Experience with RMM Applications
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Able to multitask simultaneous projects
Associates Degree or Equivalent
5 years of industry experience
Must be able to lift 75lbs.
Must undergo and successfully pass a third party background investigation.
Must take a pre-employment skills assessment exam
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: